Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Weight-Loss Plateau Defeated: BMI 29.0

About a month ago I wrote that my weight-loss had plateaued. I thought perhaps that cutting back on wine and starting a home work-out routine were the culprits, and they just might have been. I also did an audit of my diet to make sure I was still getting all my servings of fruit-veggie, and to see if I had started eating more meat.

My groceries seemed to be in order and I had everything organized to give me quick access to veggies. Was I getting all my servings everyday, though? I always have 2 servings of fruit with breakfast. I needed to make sure I was also getting 6 servings of veggies per day.

I’ve begun preparing all my veggies for the day shortly after breakfast. I fill a one litre cup to about 3/4ths full of chopped veggies. I make sure to have at least one serving of a dark green veggie like broccoli, and at least one serving of carrot or butternut squash.

Since I began doing this, my weight loss has restarted. I still eat 6 to 7 servings of whole grains – 2 with my breakfast, 2 from whole wheat bread, and 2 or 3 servings from Ryvita crisp-bread.

When I started eating like this, the weight just seemed to melt off. As my weight decreased, however, so to did the speed at which I was losing. I expect the next 4 points of BMI (bringing me back to a 'healthy' BMI, not overweight) will take as long as the last 14 points. I'm ok with that, and can handle the odd plateau. One way or the other, I'm sticking with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment