Saturday, June 9, 2018

Tried a Weight Loss Diet: BMI = 27.2

I’ve been consistently shedding about a pound per week for the last several months, but I decided to see if I could speed things up. It’s summertime, so fruit prices have dropped, and I thought I would switch my breakfast core over from grains to fruit. I’ve done this before, and it didn’t work, so I have no idea why I thought it would work this time.

I dropped my hot cereal and began loading up on fruit in the morning. I also dropped a serving of grain from my other meals and increased my veggie intake. By the end of the first week, I realized that I wasn’t losing any weight at all. That’s when I decided to do a little experiment.

I started eating a big bowl of pasta with meat sauce in the middle of the day. It wasn’t the best choice in grains because I didn’t have whole grain pasta on hand, but I wanted to keep eating lots of fruit for breakfast and it seemed that I had to find a way fit some grain back into my diet.

The meat sauce is rather high in fat and I also often topped my pasta with a bunch of cheese. Well, second week of eating all that fruit for breakfast but with a big bowl of pasta in the middle of the day and my weight has started dropping again.

I think I’m going to go back to having a grain-heavy breakfast. I’m going to try to eat more fruit than what I was previously eating but a low-grain diet just doesn’t work for me. Why do I keep messing around with a plan that has been working?

No comments:

Post a Comment