Sunday, September 24, 2017

Slimming without Exercising: BMI = 32

Is it possible to lose weight through diet alone? I’m here to tell you that it is. I’ve reduced my weight by over 25% without going to the gym. I should caveat that fact by pointing out that I have a physically demanding job. I work in a restaurant kitchen and spend my entire shift on my feet, shuffling side to side on the line as I scramble to get plates made and pushed out the pass.

I’m not suggesting that exercise isn’t beneficial – not at all. When I started this weight-loss journey, I was in a back brace and had a cast on my left wrist. I was in no condition to take up jogging. Even today, missing 40% of one of my vertebrae, I fear that most forms of exercise could put my future mobility at risk. I could go to a pool but I have a real aversion to getting into someone else’s bathwater.

This is a very short blog entry and rather lacking in photos because it’s sort of hard to provide photo-documentation of something I don’t do. I am thinking about joining a gym this winter, though, so I’ll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment