Saturday, May 12, 2018

Balanced Meal: BMI = 27.8

Preparing a healthy, balanced meal can be quite simple. In fact, you don’t even need to know how to cook. For lunch or dinner, I like to start with a cup and a half to two cups of chopped veggies. Make sure to include a dark green veggie and an orange veggie like carrot or butternut squash. I typically start with broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper, radish, tomato, snow peas, cucumber, and red onion. That’s it – no cooking required.

For protein I buy ready-cooked, roasted meat. This week I’ve been eating chicken. I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and simply deboned it and kept all the meat in reserve.

Chop up 3 ounces of ready-cooked meat and toss that on top of the veggies.

I make a vinaigrette with grapeseed oil, mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Usually I throw some Sambal in there but whatever I do I never add any sugar or honey.

Add some vinaigrette to your meal.

For whole grains, I like crisp bread. There are several varieties and they crunch up to make great croutons. So, top that salad up with freshly crumbled crisp bread to fill out this balanced meal with some carbs that will keep you full to the next meal.

So that’s it. Set the table and make sure to choose good, old-fashioned water as your beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment