Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Healthy Lunch: BMI = 31.0

Working in restaurants, I typically don’t pack a lunch. Today, however, I had to sit through a long conference and was told we would be held hostage until it was over – so bring a lunch, they said.

My first thought was, “Oh, this would be a good excuse to just pick up some prepared food that I can microwave.” I’ve been eating right for so long now that it wouldn’t hurt to take a day off. Then, at the grocery store, I spotted some bread with really good nutritional numbers.

I always pick up home-style roast beef at the grocery store so I thought I could just ask for 100 grams more to make sandwiches. If I made my own lunch, I could keep all the damp veggies away from my bread until it was time to eat.

Sadly, I don’t have any pics of the sandwiches I made. I already looked weird enough assembling my sandwich at the conference table and figured people would think I was off the deep end if I then started taking pics of it. Anyway, it was the healthy choice to make and it also provided me with a delicious, fresh lunch.

Oh, and yes, I’ve decided to add one decimal place to my BMI updates to let you better see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment